Lately I have had my eye out for a new bag to carry my laptop and other gadgets around in since the straps on my backpack are about to rip off and until now, I have never found one that I felt was a must have. Being a huge Star Trek fan, the idea of having one of these Star Trek TNG uniform messenger bags is just awesome! Maybe not as awesome as a DS9 style messenger bag (I have always thought the DS9 uniforms looked better), but its close enough for me. Now comes the hardest part, deciding just which one to get! I suppose it only seems logical that I get the color that matches my Star Trek: Online character. Anyway…
The awesome folks over at ThinkGeek are selling these really cool Star Trek: The Next Generation uniform messenger bags for just $69.99! Its comes in command red, operations yellow and sciences “blue”. It also comes with pips (4 gold, 1 black) that are removable snaps on the inside so you can give yourself the rank of your choosing! And since the dimensions are important for knowing if your laptop will fit, here are the dimensions of these awesome Star Trek TNG uniform messenger bags:
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Exterior Dimensions: 16″ wide x 12″ tall x 4″ deep
- Interior Dimensions:
- Main Compartment: 14 3/4″ wide (zipper width) x 11″ tall (zippered closure, two sections with padded divider)
- Organizer Section (under flap which closes with magnets and strap for extra security)
- Magnetic flap pouch 5″ wide x 5 1/2″ tall (+ 1″ gusset on right side)
- Zipped pouch 4 1/4″ wide x 4″ tall
- Open pouch + 2 pen holders
If you pick up one of these Star Trek TNG uniform messenger bags like I plan to, let me know in the comments below which one you chose and what rank you are going to assign yourself! Also, I’m kind of curious to know, do you generally prefer to carry around your stuff in a traditional backpack or a messenger bag like these?
Share this with any Star Trek fans you know!